Saturday, December 5, 2009

What I am working


I have been working on an Egyptian doll for the last couple of months. I took the body of the doll and primed it so that it is darker and painted her face on her. I got the design of the clothes from a group that I am on the pattern is free for the clothes and that is what I wanted. I am challenged when it comes to clothes. I got the clothes mostly completed and have just finished the hair. That was a huge challenge for me. After working for hours on how the instructions suggested I was not able to get it to look the way I was after, so I changed it and did it my way. I believe it has come out quite well. I have been debating on how I want to do the arms, there are several ideas that I have in my head - but on the other hand I may not change them at all, but add the embellishments that I want. The primitive polymer clay arms and hands are kinda a signature of mine it seems. This is actually different then the instructions on the pattern.  The doll pattern is from Lisa Li Hertzi.

1 comment:

  1. Her costuming and hair are fantastic, as is the painted face. I look forward to seeing whatever else you do with her.

    ReplyDelete